Bleach is powerful yet disinfects cleaning agents. It uses in a versatile way. For this reason, so many people ask-
Can you put Bleach in the toilet tank? It mostly asks a question on the internet. Most people suggest Bleach for the tank. Is it safe and okay to put Bleach in the toilet tank?
Cleaning a toilet is very necessary. But choosing a suitable cleaner is more significant because all toilet cleaners are not safe for the septic tank.
In Fact, You can use heavy, strong cleaner for the bowl, but not in the tank-like Bleach. But why?
This article has been written to address all of these concerns. I hope you now have got answers to all of your bleaching questions.
- Can You Put Bleach In The Toilet Tank?
- Is it Okay to Put Bleach in The Toilet Tank?
- What Happens if You Leave Bleach in a Toilet Too Long?
- Can You Put Cleaning Products in The Toilet Tank?
- What can I Put in My Toilet Tank to Keep The Bowl Clean?
Can You Put Bleach In The Toilet Tank?
Real expertise never suggests you use Bleach or Chlorine Bleach containing cleaner in the toilet tank.
Bleach is powerful enough to remove hard water stains, kill bacteria, molds, and mildew. That’s why people use bleach to clean the toilet tank.
Bleach is a readily available agent, which may normally find in household cleaners in almost every house.
Commercial Bleach can remove and neutralize the putrid odor from the toilet and create refreshments.
Bacteria and Black Molds, Mildew, White Molds can grow after few days while clean with cleaners. But in Bleach treatment, you can kill them to regrow.
So, it is a debate question- Can you put Bleach in The Toilet?”- According to my personal experience, you can use Bleach but 1:10/20 ratio, which means one cup of bleach in either one gallon of water or two gallons of water.
Use very diluted bleach solution for the toilet tank, it”ll never harms the toilet tank as well as the bowl.
Is it Okay to Put Bleach in The Toilet Tank?
According to the above section, you may be sure about using Bleach for the toilet tank.
But is it OK to put a Bleach tablet in the toilet tank? Bleach is a good disinfectant, removes stains, kills Pink Bacteria, Molds, etc.
Advantages of Bleach in the toilet tank-
- Kill the Bactria, Molds, Mildew
- Remove hard water stains
- Eliminate any blockage
- Neutralized foul odor into refresh one
- Melt dirt and clean the drainage
- Low cost and readily available
Disadvantages of Chlorine Tablets
- Not Ecofriendly
- Can create a toxic gas
- Not healthy for human
- It can react with other cleaners
- Harmful for tank parts
What Happens if You Leave Bleach in a Toilet Too Long?
This is a little bit confusing, as bleach has harmful effects even though it is used to treat stains and rings.
How much time is beneficial? Put the diluted bleach in only for 30 minutes, then flush two or three times so the residue will wash away.
What happens if you leave bleach in toilet longer time-
- The strong cleaner can wear out the rubber seal, flapper, gasket seal.
- If you leave longer time in the toilet bowl, the porcelain wall can ruin, and the layer is become rough, from there bacteria and mold thrive.
- The siphon jet may not work properly.
- The gas created from the bleach goes down the septic tank can be exploited.
Can You Put Cleaning Products in The Toilet Tank?
Yes, there are lots of safe and suitable cleaning options out there for cleaning the toilet tank as well as the bowl.
Like the Epsom Salt ( check how to use Epsom salt)
What can I Put in My Toilet Tank to Keep The Bowl Clean?
Instead of applying harmful bleach, there are several options to consider. Vinegar and baking soda are fantastic substitutes.
- That intense catalyst together has the capacity to erase spots and fumes, as well as destroy bacteria.
2. Some other viable option is using plain hot water and detergent. Use some thick soap if the condition is extreme.
3. However, endeavor to use sustainable and environmental solutions whenever possible.
4. A small amount of hot water and soap will go a bit away.
5. Another option is Hydrogen Peroxide as a disinfectant that effectively in killing bacteria and smells. Hydrogen peroxide has a longer duration of effects.
6. Enzyme-containing products are also safe for tanks.
Best Toilet Tank Cleaner According to Plumbing Expert
These are the commercial best toilet cleaner, and I get the genuine result as well.
1. Instant Power Toilet Tank Cleaner
- Gives fresh fragrance
- Power form
- Easy to use
- Just pour the powder into the toilet tank
- Help to maintain the part of the toilet tank
- No Harmful Chemical
- Remove toilet stains instant.
- Gives a citrus scent
- 4.2-star rating out of 5
- More than five thousand people love the product
- Made in the USA
2. Clorox Ultra Clean Toilet Tablets
- 4 tablets in one pack
- One tablet can last up to 16 months.
- Clorox can kill 99.9% of bacteria.
- Clean toilet with a refreshing scent
- Clorox ultra-clean toilet tablets cleaner does not harm toilet tank
- The tablets sanitize within 5 minutes.
- So easy to handle, just put one tablet, and it works well
- Dissolving all dirt and remove stains from the toilet tank, the bowl furnishes a sparkling white.
- One big advantage of using Clorox is, it conveys a refreshing smell after each flush.
- Clorox also eliminates the limescale.
- Eco-friendly, Amazon choice product
- More than 25 thousand people satisfy using Clorox
- 4.3-star rating out of 5
3. Rid-X Enzyme Treatment
- Rid-X enzyme treatment not only cleans the bowl and tank also cleans the septic tank.
- Rid-X is No.1 Brand in the septic system processing.
- It breaks down all household waste and easy-to-use products.
- Organic bacteria and sophisticated enzymes begin breaking down tissue, gluten, lipids, and grease right away.
- More Than 9 Hundred People already use it and safe their tanks.
- For septic tanks with capacities of 700-1500 gallons, 1 pouch of the concentrated mix is one monthly dose.
- Simply drop a pouch in the toilet and flush. It has completed its task.
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable.
- 4.7 rating out of 5.
4. Fresh Gel From Scrubbing Bubbles
- Fresh Gel specially make for the toilet bowl.
- Stamp version
- Each stamp serves up to 12 days.
- Placing a gel stamp into the toilet bowl to keep it fresh. There will be no brushing or wiping.
- There will be no more boring scents. Rainshower, Citrus, and Lavender fragrances are available.
- With each flush, it activates, offering a continual delightful effect and eliminating discoloration and lime buildup.
- More than 20 thousand people using it right now.
- 4.4 out of 5 ratings.
5. Soft Scrub Toilet Tank Cleaner
- Easy to use. Just put one cube in the tank. It lasts up to 30 days.
- Don’t remove the cover of the tube.
- Put another one when the first one is finished.
- Soft Scrub comes in two different fregrance- Alpine fresh and Blue Water.
- Tank Safe
- Prevent toilet rings, toilet stains.
- More than 10 thousand people get benefits from soft scrub.
Q1. What can you put in your toilet tank to make it smell better?
The best option to make a toilet tank smell so good is, Use a homemade toilet deodorizer.
Very easy to make, can kill bacteria, make your bathroom do fresh and scented.