When it’s time to change the old plastic nuts from the toilet tank, you know it can be tricky and challenging. These nuts are made to be watertight, so they can be difficult to remove without the right tools.
But with a bit of patience and the right tools, it’s definitely doable. Today, you’ll know how to remove plastic nuts from the toilet tank, whether it is stuck or large.
I’ll also share some tips for removing nuts from the toilet handle too. So, keep reading.
How to remove the plastic nut from the toilet tank
To remove the large nut from the toilet tank, follow the steps below.
Step1. Shut off the water supply
Shutting off the water supply is important when working in the toilet tank. It is located behind the toilet, and you need to close it until your work has been done.
Step2. Flush and dry
After the stop, the water supply, let flush the toilet completely and pad-dry bottom of the toilet tank where the nuts are present.
Step3. Remove the Flapper
Once the tank is drained, remove the screws that hold the flapper in place and lift it out of the tank.
Step4. Unscrew the large Plastic nut
Some toilets have a large plastic nut on the top of the tank that holds the toilet tank in place. If this is the issue for your toilet, you will need to unscrew this nut to remove the tank.
You can use a wrench or a screwdriver to do this. Be sure to hold on to the tank so it doesn’t fall off when removing the nut.
Once the nut is removed, the tank should come right off. If it doesn’t, another nut or bolt may need to be removed.
Once the tank is off, you can replace the flapper or any other parts that need to be replaced.
Read More- Best ways to remove rusted bolts from any toilet tanks
How to remove toilet mounting nut without a wrench
Removing a toilet mounting nut without a wrench can be difficult, but there are a few ways to do it.
One way is to use a pipe wrench. Place the pipe wrench around the nut and turn it until it comes loose.
Another way is to use a hammer and chisel. Place the chisel on top of the nut and hit it with the hammer. The chisel will pierce through the nut, and you can then turn it with your hands.
Finally, you can use a hacksaw.(source) Place the hacksaw blade on top of the nut and see through it. Be careful not to cut the pipe or the waterline. You can remove the nut with your hands after it is loose.
How do you unscrew a nut under a toilet bowl?
Unscrewing a nut under a toilet bowl can be a dirty and difficult task. It is essential to take your time and be careful when completing this job, as you do not want to make a mess. Here are some valuable tips to get you beginning:
1. Make sure you have all of the necessary tools before beginning. This includes a screwdriver, pliers, and a bucket for any potential messes.
2. If the nut is rusty or difficult to budge, spray it with WD-40 or another lubricant to help loosen it up.
3. Use caution when unscrewing the nut, as it may be heavy and could fall off the toilet bowl if you are not careful.
4. Place the bucket under the toilet bowl to catch any potential water or debris that may fall from the screws.
5. Once the nut is unscrewed, remove it from the toilet bowl and dispose of it in the trash can.
6. Clean off the area around the toilet bowl where the screws were located.
7. Replace the screws in the exact location and tighten them up.
8. Test the toilet to make sure it is functioning properly.
How do you loosen tight plastic bolts?
One way to loosen tight plastic bolts is by using a lubricant. You can try using a penetrating oil or a spray lubricant.
Another way to loosen the bolts is by using heat. You might use a hairdryer or a lighter to warm up the area. If none of these methods work, you can try using a wrench or pliers to grip the bolt and twist it lose. Take care not to harm either the bolt or the plastic.
Read more- 2 Cheapest ways to fix a toilet anchor bolts that spinning
How to remove plastic nuts from the toilet handle?
Removing a plastic nut from a toilet handle can be a difficult task. The nut is often stuck and requires some force to remove. There are a few ways to remove the nut,
One way to remove the plastic nut is to use a wrench. The wrench can be placed around the nut and turned to loosen it. This method can be difficult, as the wrench may not fit properly around the nut.
Another way to remove the plastic nut is to use a screwdriver. The screwdriver can be inserted into the hole in the nut and turned to loosen it. This method is often easier than using a wrench, as the screwdriver can fit into smaller spaces.
Once the nut is loosened, it can be removed by hand. When doing this, care should be taken as the nut may be loose and fall off. If the nut is difficult to remove, it may be necessary to use a tool such as a wrench or a screwdriver to loosen it.
It is important to remember that the nut is often stuck and requires some force to remove. If the nut is damaged or broken, it may be necessary to replace it.
To do this, the toilet handle must be removed from the toilet. This can be done by following the methods outlined below:
1. Turn the valve in the wall to turn off the water supply to the toilet.
2. To empty the tank, flush the toilet.
3. Remove the tank lid.
4. Loosen the screws that hold the toilet handle in place.
5. Remove the toilet handle.
6. Disconnect the chain from the lever on the handle.
7. Remove the nut from the lever.
8. Replace the nut with a new one.
9. Reconnect the chain to the lever.
10. Reinstall the toilet handle.
11. Reconnect the water supply valve.
12. Flush the toilet to check for leaks.
More solution- is your flapper stuck in the toilet? Remove it like a pro
Wrap Up on Remove Plastic Nuts from the toilet tank
Now you know how to remove plastic nuts from toilet tanks. If you have any other questions or want more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always here to help!