8 Best Ways to Disinfect Something That Felt In The Toilet

The most asked question that fills my comment box is- “how to disinfect something that felt in the toilet”. I think this is the most common issue of 70% of people in the world is that they always flush down their important belongings like keys, dentures, and so on…

Here are some tips on disinfecting something that felt in the toilet, and you can use the thing after some time. But before that know which thing you can use or not to use.

How to Disinfect Something That Felt in The Toilet

There are many ways to disinfect items that have fallen into the toilet. But not all. Include…

· Soap

· Toothbrush

· Dentures

· Kid’s feeders

· Pop sticks, etc

You may Disinfect the below items

· Ceramic

· Glass

· Metal

· plastic

· metal

· Wood etc

Option1. Alcohol 

One of the simplest ways to disinfect items that fall in the toilet is by using alcohol. Alcohol is a powerful disinfectant and can kill many types of bacteria and viruses. 

To disinfect with alcohol, you need a clean cloth and some rubbing alcohol or vodka. The concentration of Alcohol should be 65 to 98%, which kills any pathogens or germs.

First, Soak the thing in rubbing alcohol for 30 minutes. Then, wipe down the item that needs to be disinfected. 

Be sure to rub the alcohol into all the nooks and crannies of the item. Before utilizing the item, allow the alcohol to completely dry.

Alcohol is a great way to disinfect small items, such as doorknobs, light switches, keys, toys, and keyboards. It can also disinfect larger items, such as countertops and cutting boards. 

Simply use a clean cloth for each item and let the alcohol dry completely before using it.

Option2. By Using hydrogen peroxide

You can use hydrogen peroxide to disinfect many items in your home. It is an excellent option because it is affordable and easy to find.

To disinfect with hydrogen peroxide, mix equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water. Soak the item in the mixture for five minutes, then rinse it off with water.

You can also use hydrogen peroxide to disinfect surfaces. Simply spray the mixture onto the surface and let it sit for five minutes. Then rinse it off with water.

Make sure to avoid contact with your eyes when using hydrogen peroxide. It can cause irritation. Also, avoid using it on items that are made of metal. It can cause the metal to corrode.

Option3. Bleach Solution

There are a few ways to disinfect the bleach solution. You can use a spray bottle or mix the bleach with water in a bucket. Never use bleach in the toilet tank- KNow the reasons why!

To disinfect by spray bottle:

1. Fill a spray bottle with 1 part bleach and 9 parts water.

2. Shake well before using.

3. Spray the bleach solution on all surfaces that must be disinfected.

4. Let the solution sit for at least 10 minutes.

5. Wipe down the surfaces with a clean cloth or sponge.

To disinfect by bucket:

1. Mix 1 part bleach with 9 parts water.

2. Stir well before using.

3. Pour the bleach solution into a bucket.

4. Use a clean cloth or sponge to wipe down all surfaces that need to be disinfected(source)

5. Let the solution sit for at least 10 minutes.

6. Rinse the surfaces with clean water.

7. Dry the surfaces with a clean cloth.

Note- Both methods of disinfecting with bleach solution are effective and kill most bacteria and viruses. Follow all safety instructions when using bleach, including wearing gloves and goggles.

Always test a small area before using a bleach solution to ensure the surface can withstand the bleach. Bleach can damage some surfaces, so be sure to read the labels of any cleaning products you use.

Option4. Other Methods

  • · Soak the item in dish soap for 30 minutes.
  • · Soak the item in laundry detergent for 30 minutes.
  • · Soak the item in baking soda for 30 minutes.
  • · Boil the toy for five minutes.

How dirty is something that falls in the toilet?

It’s hard to say exactly how dirty something is that falls in the toilet, as many factors come into play. 

For example, what kind of toilet it is (public or private), how often it’s cleaned, and the condition of the person who dropped it in. 

Generally speaking, however, something that falls in the toilet is considered fairly dirty.

There are a few reasons for this. For one, a toilet in a public place where many people come into contact with all kinds of germs and bacteria. 

It’s also a place where people often dump their trash, including all sorts of nasty things like used tissues, dirty diapers, and even dead animals.

Is it okay to use soap that fell in the toilet?


Pathogens can cling to soap, making the person using it sick. Instead, pour a little household chlorine bleach into the toilet and let stand for five minutes before use. 

This will kill most of the microbes in both tabs and on the soap that fell in. 

Rinse with plenty of freshwaters before each flush until there is no more residual bleach odor coming from inside or outside of the toilet

Before you go I like to approach read Best ways to clean your bathroom and toilet so never gets any molds and bacteria.

Wrap Up On Disinfect Something That Felt into the toilet

Ensure your house and family are safe from harmful pathogens now that you know how to disinfect something felt in the toilet.

Remember to always clean surfaces with a bleach-based cleaner and use hot water when possible. 

Be vigilant about cleaning high-touch areas like doorknobs, light switches, countertops, and faucets. And if anything feels weird or out of place in the bathroom, don’t hesitate to call a professional for help.

This helps you a lot, Use baking soda in the toilet before vacation and say bye to the brown and smell toilet.

Leave a Comment