Cleaning a toilet can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. In fact, there are a few simple things you can do to make this job much easier. For example, you can use coke and baking soda to clean your toilet.
Coke is acidic and will dissolve the film that builds up on the bowl over time. Baking soda is alkaline and will help remove any odors from the toilet. Together, these two ingredients make a powerful team when it comes to cleaning your toilet. So next time you need to clean this appliance, give this method a try!
- What do Coke and Baking Soda do?
- How to Clean Toilet With Coke and Baking Soda
- What Happens if You Pour Coke Down The Toilet?
- How Long do You let Coke Sit in Toilet?
- Does Coke really Clean Toilets?
- Coke Toilet Cleaner Myth
What do Coke and Baking Soda do?
Coke is an acidic beverage that contains carbonic and phosphoric acid, a lot of carbon dioxide bubbles are a great tool for crazy toilet cleaning.
Coca-Cola is used for many household cleaning purposes, but while in the toilet, it is really amazing.
Its acidity form from the carbonation and can remove stains. If you want a non-toxic product to eliminate toilet lime plaque without wasting big bucks. Coke is the alternative to go for.
The best alternative is if you use those pretty pricey toilet bowl cleansers.
I believe Baking Soda is the only one that can go with every cleaning, baking purpose.
The best part of Baking Soda is natural, cheap, available everywhere, non-toxic, safe for any surface, septic system, but extremely effective against cleaning, clogging.
While you mix with Vinegar, it creates carbonic acid- which is more bubbly and powerful.
How to Clean Toilet With Coke and Baking Soda
When comes to home hacks as toilet cleaner first option always is Baking Soda and Now Coke.
You can use either both of them at the same time or use them separately.
I discuss both methods only Coke or Baking Soda and a Mixture of them.
Clean the Toilet With Coke
- Take two Coke can (350 ml each)
- Pour the Coke all over the bowl, stains
- Take a toilet brush and spread it all over the toilet bowl wall
- If you have medium stains, take some tissue dipped into Coke, and soak over the stains
- You can pour it into tank also
- Leave like two hours or can overnight
- After two hours or the following day, – remove the tissue and again brush all over the surface.
- Flush two to three times.
The gentle carbonic and phosphoric acids present in the Coke, break down the lime build-up and loosen the stain elements. Repeat the process if needed.
Baking Soda For Cleaning Toilet
Baking Soda is easy to use as a handy cleaning agent. You can use it along with Vinegar.
- Flush once, shut off the water supply to the toilet.
- Pour Cup of Baking soda all over the bowl surface and tank. If want, add a cup of Vinegar to it.
- Leave 2 hours or overnight. Brush after two hours or the following morning.
- Turn water supply and flush two to three times.
- You can add Baking soda into the tank also, it is safe.
Do you travel often? I have a great solution to clean your toilet while on vacation. Baking Soda treatment and some other reliable alternatives.
How to use Baking Soda and Coke For cleaning Toilet
While Coke alone will not produce the desired results, combine it with Baking Soda.
- Mix a quarter cup of Baking Soda and a half cup of Vinegar into two liters of water.
- Apply the mixture all over the stains.
- Transfer the mixture into a spray bottle and spray under the rim, rim hole.
- Leave it for 2 hours and scrub with a soft brush.
- After two hours, pour 350 ml of Coke all over the surface. Sit it for another one hour.
- Before flushing, brush once and then flush.
The mixture of Baking Soda and Vinegar effectively breaks down the lumps and eliminates the stains.
After applying, Coke makes the process faster, and finally, get a sparkling white toilet.
What Happens if You Pour Coke Down The Toilet?
If you pour down Coke, the acid present in the Coke shatters the limescale responsible for stains spots.
Within a few hours, Coke completely removes the stains, giving you a surprise.
But over quantity of Coke can not give you the result. One Coke can is enough for cleaning a toilet.
How Long do You let Coke Sit in Toilet?
While applying Coke for cleaning the toilet, leave it for at least two hours, or you can sit overnight also.
After the following time, make sure to scrub with a toilet brush once, then flush the toilet.
Does Coke really Clean Toilets?
Yes. But not all time. Coke really clean toilets but not in some situations include
Coke Toilet Cleaner Myth
The majority of people believe that Coke cannot clean toilets, which is a myth. Is that true?
Well. Well, sometimes, Coke does not even work again. In some cases, Coke gives you stunning results.
You can’t say it is a myth and all, whilst you try Coke to remove toilet spots.
Make use ofOnce in, except for the exceptional stains. Coke is safe for the septic system. The biggest drawback of Coke is that it can increase the stain.
If the stains are produced by bacteria. The sugar in Coca-Cola promotes the growth of more bacteria.
Q1. Why do people put Coca-Cola down in the toilet?
There are a few reasons why people might put Coca-Cola down in the toilet.
One reason could be that they think it will clean the toilet bowl. Coca-Cola does have some acidic properties, which can help to break down dirt and grime.
However, there are much better products out there specifically designed for cleaning toilets.
Another reason could be that they think it will unclog the toilet. Again, while Coca-Cola’s acidic properties might be able to help break down a clog, there are much better products designed specifically for this purpose.
Some people might just enjoy the sensation of watching Coca-Cola fizz when it hits the water in the toilet bowl. Whatever the reason, it’s generally not a good idea to put Coca-Cola down the toilet.
Q2. Is Coke good for toilet?
Some people believe that Coke can help clean a toilet, while others believe that it can actually damage the porcelain. It really depends on your personal opinion and what you are willing to try.