When it comes to optimizing space without compromising functionality or style, It is not difficult to design your bathroom with a small toilet and Kohler has proven to be a leader in the industry.
In the market, lots of compact toilets are present like Toto, American Standard, Woodbridge, and Kohler.
With their innovative designs and superior craftsmanship, Kohler toilets offer a perfect blend of efficiency, comfort, and aesthetics, tailored specifically for smaller bathroom spaces.
So, Introducing the ultimate solution for small bathrooms: the best Kohler toilet for small bathrooms.
In this comprehensive review, we delve into the world’s best three Kohler compact models ideal for a tiny home which are trendy too, exploring their standout features, benefits, and performance, so you can make an informed decision and transform your limited bathroom space into a stylish haven of convenience.
Get ready to discover the top contenders that deliver exceptional performance while maximizing your bathroom’s potential.
Say goodbye to the limitations of a small bathroom and embrace the perfect combination of efficiency and elegance with the best compact Kohler toilets on the market.
If You are in a hurry check the list here
Kohler 3810-0 Santa Rosa Compact Toilet
KOHLER K-3577 Wellworth
KOHLER K-4007-0 San Souci
Check the things before buying a toilet for small bathrooms
There are lots of factors you have to check before buying the best compact toilet. The most important thing is you must have at least 30-inch space from the wall.
If you have that space, then you are welcome to our small size toilet room. The size of our Kohler toilet
I saw some people tearing down the entire bathroom and rebuilding it from the ground up. This is not a wise decision in my opinion.
1. Rough-in size:
Most of the buyers make a common mistake which is rough-in. If you install a new one, always go with a small rough-in, preferably for a small washroom.
If you want to replace the old one, measure the rough-in and buy according to your measurement.
In the market, mainly three types of rough-in are available. Those are 10, 12, and 14 inches. The standard one is 12 inches. In most residential settings, the standard rough-in size is 12 inches, which is suitable for larger bathrooms.
However, in smaller bathrooms where space is limited, a 10-inch rough-in size is commonly used. This smaller measurement allows for more efficient use of space without compromising the functionality and comfort of the toilet.
The rough-in size refers to the distance between the wall behind the toilet and the center of the drainpipe. This measurement is crucial as it determines the compatibility of the toilet with your existing plumbing system.
2. One-piece vs two-piece:
When it comes to choosing between a one-piece and a two-piece toilet for a small bathroom, there are a few factors to consider. Both options have their advantages and considerations, so let’s explore them:
- Space-Saving Design: One-piece toilets have a sleek and compact design that can save valuable space in a small bathroom. They often have a smaller footprint and a low-profile appearance, making them visually appealing and ideal for maximizing space efficiency.
- Easy to Clean: With a seamless construction, one-piece toilets are generally easier to clean compared to their two-piece counterparts. The absence of crevices or joints between the tank and bowl eliminates potential areas for dirt or bacteria buildup, simplifying maintenance and enhancing hygiene.
- Modern Aesthetic: One-piece toilets often have a contemporary and streamlined look that can enhance the overall aesthetic of a small bathroom. Their seamless design gives them a sleek and cohesive appearance.
- Ease of Installation: Two-piece toilets are typically easier to install because they are divided into separate tank and bowl components. This can be advantageous when working with limited space, as it allows for more flexibility during the installation process.
- Cost Consideration: Two-piece toilets generally tend to be more affordable compared to one-piece toilets. If budget is a significant factor, a two-piece option might be a more cost-effective choice.
Ultimately, the decision between a one-piece and a two-piece toilet for a small bathroom depends on your priorities and preferences. If maximizing space and achieving a sleek, modern look is your priority, a one-piece toilet may be the better option. However, if ease of installation and cost are more important to you, a two-piece toilet might be the more practical choice.
Don’t forget to check our One-piece toilet VS two-piece toilet complete guide.
3. Round vs Elongated:
The round bowl is smaller than an elongated one, but the elongated bowl is more comfortable.
If you like elongated bowls, don’t worry because Kohler also makes a smaller elongated bowl that fits in the same place as a round one.
It is entirely up to you to make your selection. Still confused! Check Round Toilet VS Elongated and make your decision.
We all know smaller dimensions are best for any small space.
I want to share a short story that happened to me: I looked for a small toilet and came across a well-designed product while researching.
I was so impressed with the design that I missed double-checking the measurements. Finally, due to the dimensions, I return it. As usual, it won’t fit in my teeny-tiny bathroom.
- Width: Aim for a toilet with a width of around 14 to 17 inches. This narrower width helps to save space and allows for a more comfortable fit in a smaller area.
- Depth: Look for a toilet with a depth of around 24 to 28 inches. This depth measurement refers to the distance from the front of the toilet to the back. A shallower depth allows for better maneuverability in a compact powder room.
- Height: Opt for a toilet with a standard height, which is typically around 15 to 17 inches from floor to seat. This ensures a comfortable seating position for most individuals. Alternatively, you can consider a comfortable height toilet, which is taller and ranges from 17 to 19 inches, providing easier access for taller individuals or those with mobility concerns.
5. Flushing mechanism:
When selecting a flushing mechanism for a powder room toilet, it’s important to consider options that offer efficiency, reliability, and ease of use. Here are some common flushing mechanisms to consider:
- Gravity Flush: Gravity flush toilets are the most common type of flushing mechanism. They rely on the force of gravity to flush waste down the drain. They are typically reliable, easy to maintain, and come in a variety of designs and styles. Look for toilets with optimized bowl and trapway designs for efficient waste removal.
- Dual Flush: Dual flush toilets offer the convenience of two flushing options: a partial flush for liquid waste and a full flush for solid waste. This mechanism allows for water conservation by using less water for lighter flushes. Dual flush toilets are ideal for powder rooms that prioritize water efficiency.
- Pressure-Assisted Flush: Pressure-assisted toilets use compressed air or water to enhance flushing power. When the flush is activated, the pressurized air or water propels waste through the trapway with force. These toilets are known for their strong flush performance and are often preferred in commercial settings. However, they can be noisier and require professional installation.
- Vacuum-Assisted Flush: Vacuum-assisted toilets create a vacuum within the trapway to quickly and efficiently remove waste. This mechanism can provide powerful flush performance with less water usage compared to traditional gravity flush toilets. Vacuum-assisted toilets are relatively quiet and are suitable for powder rooms that prioritize both efficiency and a quieter flush.
- Touchless Flush: Touchless flush mechanisms utilize sensor technology to automatically activate the flushing process, eliminating the need for physical contact with buttons or levers. This can enhance hygiene and convenience in a powder room setting. Touchless flush toilets often incorporate other features like dual flush options or water-saving capabilities.
When choosing a flushing mechanism for your powder room, consider factors such as water efficiency, flush performance, maintenance requirements, noise level, and overall design aesthetics. Additionally, ensure that the flushing mechanism aligns with your plumbing setup and meets any local building codes or regulations.
Okay, so you now have a clear idea of what a space-saving toilet is.
|Name||Water Consumption||Flush||One piece/ Two Piece|
|Wellworth||1.0 &1.6 gpf||Dual||Two piece|
|San Souci||1.28 gpf||Single||one piece|
|Santa Rosa||1.28 gpf||Single||One piece|
3 Best Kohler Toilet For Small Bathroom
Kohler 3810 Santa Rosa Comfort Height
- Item Dimension: 31″x20.75”x 29”
- Comfort Height
- Rough-In- 12″
- 1.28 gallons per flush
- Strong Gravy Fed Flushing mechanism
- The elongated but round front bowl
- Easy to clean
- sleek design
- ADA, water-saving certified
- Aquapiston Canister flush valve
- quiet close seat
- 1 Year Warranty
When it comes to quality, Kohler toilets are among the best. Kohler Santa Rosa was created specifically for small bathrooms. The model is made of vitreous china, which is both durable and long-lasting.
It’s a one-piece toilet, and we all know that when the bowl and tanks are embedded, it keeps a lot of space in your bathroom.
A sleek, elongated bowl provides additional comfort while a round front bowl takes up the same amount of space as a round bowl.
The elongated bowl is comfortable to sit in, and the toilet height is also ideal. It’s 2 inches taller than a standard one.
The toilet provides a clogged-free experience because of the intense gravity flush. The perfect trapway and the aqua piston canister flush valve produce a robust 360 degrees siphon that removes all the waste in a single flush.
Flush valve’s 3:2 ratio harnesses the natural force of gravity and optimizes flush performance. That’s why it’s an ideal non-clogging toilet.
Durable canister design has 90 percent less exposed seal material than a 3 inch flapper, for leak free performance
You probably think that it’s so powerful, it needs more water. Right? It will break your heart because the toilet uses only 1.28 gallons of water per flush and requires only 2 lbs to flush.
Is it, not a fantastic feature?
That’s why the toilet is WaterSense certified and meets EPA standards.
So, if you have a bigger family, then thanks to this tiny toilet because it will save you $1,000 in the long run.
Add to that the glossy finish, which is excellent. There is no dirt on the side of the bowl after a flush. Because of the features, it is simple to clean and does not require manual cleaning.
If you’re tired of your slamming toilet seat, this toilet has a soft closing seat mechanism that will put an end to that. That will change your bathroom experience.
In comparison to other one-piece toilets, it is simple to install. One more person is required to adjust and fit it into the position.
The toilet seat is something I dislike about this toilet. The model includes a toilet seat, but you should buy a separate one because of poor quality.
Kohler Santa Rosa comes with a one-year manufacturing warranty and excellent customer service. They are open and honest, and they answer all of your questions.
- Comfortable seating position with the Comfort Height feature.
- Includes brevia quiet close seat
- Sleek one-piece design that enhances the overall aesthetics of the bathroom.
- Efficient flushing system that saves water without compromising performance.
- Compact size ideal for smaller bathrooms or powder rooms.
- Left-Hand Trip Lever
- Easy to clean with no gaps or seams.
- Due to the compact size, some users may find the bowl slightly narrow.
- The one-piece design may be heavier and more challenging to install compared to two-piece toilets.
- Quite Expensive.
Kohler Wellworth is another fabulous design for small washrooms. It’s a two-piece toilet where the bowl and tank come separately.
Both are made with vitreous china materials; as you know, Kohler always provides quality products.
The spacing from the back of the reservoir to the jaw of the bowl varied from 25 5/8″ to 29 3/4″ that is perfect for a space-saving toilet.
The model has a round front bowl, which is ideal for a small toilet room. A round bowl is smaller than an elongated bowl. So, if you are a round pan lover, the toilet is the best option for you.
Here also using gravity flush, but it’s class five technology. That produces a strong siphon during flushing and clears all the bowls with a minimum of water.
The clean bowl is ready in one flush due to the canister flush valve, which helps water flow properly. The standard trapway is also fully glazed that maintains durability.
The left-handed trim lever work as a dual flush, consuming only 1.0 and 1.6 gallons of water per flush. The system is ideal for both heavy and light use. You are saving money on your water bill while also being environmentally friendly.
If you interest in the Kohler Wellworth toilet problem then I have a complete guide on How to troubleshoot the Kohler Wellworth toilet.
The toilet is simple to install because it comes with a dry lock system that is leakage-proof and fast to install. You only require few moments to do the finish. There is no need for any plumber that will save you money on installation.
The Kohler Highline toilet is also the best compact toilet in 2021. Its dominance in the market is based on more than just small toilet features. It also has a strong flushing mechanism.
The white color and durable vitreous china material go with any bathroom and maintain the washroom’s quality.
The model comes elongated bowl. I always preferred an elongated bowl because it provides more comfort and is simple to clean.
The standard chair height is also perfect for easy sitting and stand. Whatever the ages, the height is perfect for all of them.
When it comes to flushing, the model using class five (R) flushing technology. The perfect flush valve and fully glazed trapway help to clean the waste in a single flush.
The flush using only 1.28 gallons of water minimizes the water bill; that’s why it’s WaterSense certified and meets EPA guidelines.
Don’t forget to check our 1.28 VS 1.6 gpf Kohler toilet’s pros and cons.
Remember that rough-in plays a vital role in your bathroom. The model comes with a 12″ standard-sized rough-in. Make sure your rough-in measurement before purchasing any toilet.
If your bathroom has 10″ inch rough in then the model is not suitable for you, check the best 10″ rough-in toilets, which are also small in size.
The installation process is also simple because it’s three bolts installation that saves a lot of time. The tank and other necessary things are pre-installed. So, don’t worry about installation.
It is a single flush toilet with a one-year warranty. The chrome lever is located on the toilet’s left side.
Quick stats on Compact Kohler Toilet For Small Bathroom
To ensure your complete understanding and the best possible outcome. I went through some of the extraordinary experiments and would like to show you the results.
We all love using google; that’s why I am using google and collect some data with the help of google trends.
Graph of Santa Rosa:
Here you can see how people love the Kohler Santa rosa. It’s one of the reasons I put it on the no1 position.
Here’s what happened when I compared our three toilets.
When I compare the Santa Rosa to other toilets, you can see that people like them all, but Santa Rosa is the clear winner, with the Kohler Wellworth coming in second.
The information I gather before publishing the post. The data may change over time. You can also check it using Google Trends.
Not only is this one of the reasons, but I have also gone through user reviews on various platforms and taking 48 hours to research. Following that, I create a top three list. This allows you to find the ideal one.
Wrap on top of Kohler’s best small toilet
I always prefer to spend money on installation rather than renovation. Renovation takes high cost.
Remodeling a bathroom is not an easy task. Try to minimize the space using a compact toilet.
A small toilet frees a good space in your bathroom and gives the best look that you have ever seen.
Don’t end up settling for a lower-priced brand because quality and performance are essential. I prefer my bathroom to my bedroom because I cannot tolerate dirt during that time.
I’ve had a positive experience with the Kohler Santa Rosa toilet; if you’re looking for the best Kohler toilet for your small bathroom, this is the one to get. I guarantee it will never disappoint you.
I think this guide helps you to choose the right product. If yes, then tell me in our comment section about your experience.
Bring a tiny toilet for your small size toilet room and decorate with your innovative idea. That will, without a doubt, be the best room in your house.
1. What are the advantages of a tiny toilet?
Easy to install
2. Is installation complex for a compact toilet?
If you go with floor-mounted toilets and know how to fit a gravity flush toilet, then it’s a simple task.
The installation procedure is different when you go with the tankless, wall-mounted, and corner toilet. Always go with a plumber if you have no complete knowledge about this.
3. What is the most compact Kohler toilet?
After researching lots of things and go through 1000 reviews, I say Kohler Santa Rosa 3810-0 Toilet is the best one because of the design and the performance.
4. How long does a Kohler Toilet last?
It’s pretty tricky to answer because it depends on various factors. I can say the average life span of a toilet model is up to 15 years.